With the advent and rampant spread of smartphones, demand for the mobile presence for businesses from customers has grown substantially. Needless to point out, the incorporation of a mobile application is not an alternative to your business’ web presence, instead, an extension to a broader audience.
A mobile application that addresses your customer’s needs is paramount to healthy business presence.
However, it can be challenging to decide on the kind of mobile app to develop your business; hybrid or native?
A large percentage of applications in use today are native applications. Native are created for a specific platform, be it Android or iOS. Downloaded exclusively from official stores. Their broad adoption is thanks to:
- Seamless integration with mobile hardware – complete access to system resources allows a swift response.
- Market deployment is simple as it only involves publication in App Store or Google Play Store.
- Native applications are far ahead of both the hybrid and web-based applications in security.
- The existence of integrated development environments offers multiple tested services available for developers for increasing quality of UI and UX architecture.
However, native applications suffer from versioning. Rolling out update patches for a native app requires a complete rewrite of the code for a different platform. Developing native applications is a time-consuming process which carries with it higher financial costs.
The desire to develop one code base that can be used within multiple platforms led to the conception of hybrid apps. For example, one of the most popular and rapidly expanding application type is React Native.
Sometimes it is more profitable for businesses and startups to hire an engineer to develop a React Native app as it takes less time to develop than native apps. But again, the choice of platform to develop a mobile app depends not only on the available budget, but also on the business objectives, application’s audience and promotion strategy.
Hybrid apps development benefits:
- Hybrid applications leverage from native applications while capitalizing on web applications to provide your business;
- A cross-platform performance that allows a single write-up of code for running on Android as well as iOS.
- Speedy app roll-out. Market presence requires a prompt response and react native applications are the ideal apps to develop for quick deployment due to less time required in developing.
- Reaching a broader audience. React Native applications adjust themselves accordingly fitting to any mobile device your customers could have.
As for a startup company or an enterprise business, customer satisfaction is a determinant factor in developing an application. The app should be geared towards offering a comfortable user experience. And with customer needs changing each new dawn, market presence is vital for your business’ health.
Having a mobile presence that supplements your business’ web presence caters to a more extensive market. Depending on your choice of factors to base on app development, having a team of experts to develop your application is the next step.
You can explore our mobile projects here: Exposit Mobile Portfolio